Two of the procedures we emphasize at Fountain Valley Dental are extractions and root canals. These dental procedures can go a long way in improving your comfort.
Extractions Can Help
Extracting a tooth can benefit your health, relieve your pain, and improve your smile. Before he extracts your tooth, Dr. Whitted will recommend or provide medications that will soothe you and make your experience as easy and comfortable as possible.
During a simple extraction, Dr. Whitted will first loosen the tooth, then gently remove it. In a surgical extraction, he will make a small incision in the gum, then remove the tooth. Once your tooth is removed, you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing you will have better oral health in the future.
An extraction may benefit you if:
- You have an abscessed tooth.
- Your tooth is severely decayed.
- Your permanent teeth will block other teeth from coming in.
- You have baby teeth that need to make room for permanent teeth.
- You want to avoid the complications that wisdom teeth may cause.
- You have other overall health issues that may be worsened if teeth become infected.
Extractions can provide many advantages:
- They are an affordable option to improve your oral health.
- They can prevent infection from spreading.
- They can provide more space in your mouth for an improved smile
- They can provide better overall health
Root Canal Therapy
When a tooth becomes badly decayed or infected, Dr. Whitted can save the tooth with a root canal. Decayed teeth can damage the nerves, causing discomfort and even pain. We don’t want you to have to live with the constant discomfort caused by infection or decay, so we provide root canal therapy.
During root canal therapy, Dr. Whitted will remove the nerve and pulp from inside of the tooth. He will then clean the tooth out and seal it to protect and strengthen it.
Advantages of root canal therapy include:
- You can function normally without pain.
- It is possible to salvage the tooth if you don’t want to extract it.
- There is no need for implants.
- You should see improved appearance of your teeth.
For relief from toothaches and prevention of future health issues, ask us about teeth extractions and root canal therapy. Call Fountain Valley Dental and set up your appointment today.