Extractions & Root Canals
Two of the procedures we emphasize at Fountain Valley Dental are extractions and root canals. These dental procedures can go a long way in improving your comfort.
Extractions Can Help
You don’t need to fear getting an extraction–it will benefit your health, relieve your pain, and improve your smile. Dr. Whitted will recommend or provide medications that will soothe you, and make your experience as easy and comfortable as possible. During a simple extraction, your doctor will first loosen the tooth, and then gently remove it with forceps. In a surgical extraction, your dentist will make a small incision in the gum, and then remove the tooth. Once your tooth is removed, you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing you will have better oral health in the future.
An extraction may benefit you if:
- You have an abscessed tooth
- Your tooth is severely decayed
- Your permanent teeth will block other teeth from coming in
- You have baby teeth that need to make room for permanent teeth
- You want to avoid the complications that wisdom teeth may cause
- You have other overall health issues that may be worsened if teeth become infected
The advantages of extractions include:
- Affordable option to improve oral health
- Prevent infection from spreading
- More space in mouth for a perfect smile
- Better overall health
Root Canal Therapy
When a tooth becomes badly decayed or infected, your dentist can save the tooth with a root canal. Decayed teeth can damage the nerves, causing discomfort and even pain. Dr. Whitted and his team do not want their patients to have to live with the constant discomfort caused by infection or decay, so they provide root canal therapy. During root canal therapy, your doctor will remove the nerve and pulp from inside of the tooth. He will then clean the tooth out and seal it to protect it and strengthen it.
Advantages of root canal therapy include:
- You can function normally without pain
- It is possible to salvage the tooth if you don’t want to extract it
- There is no need for implants
- Improved appearance of the teeth
For relief from toothaches and prevention of future health issues, ask your dentist about teeth extractions and root canal therapy. Call and set up your appointment today.